A high percentage of automobile breakdowns are caused by automobile maintenance neglect. To keep your vehicle performing correctly, we recommend:
- Have the oil and oil filter changed regularly, every 3,000 miles in most cases. Short trip type of driving may require changing oil based on time, every 3 months.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle. (part of our Basic & Premier Oil Change).
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Nitrogen inflated tires looses less pressure and the pressure does not fluxuate as much from cold to hot temperatures. Worth the small extra cost especially if your vehicle has tire pressure monitors (helps keep the light off)
- Keep your engine tuned. Bad spark plugs or plugged/restricted filter can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent. (Use recommend interval of manufacture if specified)
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion, and clean them as needed.(Part of Premier Oil Change)
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake, license plate and tail lights. (Part of Premier Oil Change)
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them approximately once a year or sooner if streaking begins (Part of Premier Oil Change).
- The cabin air filter should be changed by the manufactures recommendation or sooner if driven in dusty conditions.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Belts can break at the worst times. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments. Have the air filtration system checked frequently.(Included on Premier Oil Change)
- The air filter should be checked approximately every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Many of the manufacture recommend services include inspection of various components. Always consult the vehicle owner’s manual for individual service schedules as manufacturer maintenance requirements vary greatly (We can access the info for you if would like).